Monday, September 20, 2010

The Moment Has Arrived

It is unbelievable how fast time flies.
And over time, it just seems to speed up.
I could still remember the time when time stood still and I was revolving around it.
Now, time is moving and I am doing a 100 meter sprint chasing it.
Will I be able to chase it?
Seriously, this is a question that I can never be able to answer.



What is the 'moment' that I have mentioned?
It is the dream that I have longed for all these while.
Though when I was young, it was barely a thought in my mind.
It never occurred to me that it could come true.
Nevertheless, in a few days time, the 'moment' will arrive.





When I was young, I had always dreamed of studying abroad.
This cropped from the stories that I heard from my uncle in which his sons had studied overseas.
The new personality, self-esteem and knowledge that my nephews have acquired mesmerized me.
They became different people with greater confidence.
This has put an lasting impression on me.
As a result, I wished that I could study abroad too.




Now, in about a week, I am about to pursue my higher education in England.
This is way beyond what I had dreamed of.
I had never thought in my wildest dreams I could ever achieve that.
For three years, I will be studying TESL which stands for Teaching English as a Second Language in The University of Warwick.
For me, this is truly a dream come true.



Looking back at the past, I asked myself a question.
Are the sacrifices that I had done all worth it?
My answer: "Yes!"
There are simply no doubts about it.
I would not consider myself as a hardworking person as I always procrastinate.
Doing last minute work and burning the midnight oil have grown synonymous with me.
However, I had attended quite a number of tuition classes.
Reflecting back, it was really tiring.
My peak was going for 7 tuitions in a week and having only one day off.



 
Nevertheless, what I had achieved today is not only from the sacrifices that I had done myself.
I could not have done it without the help of others.
Thus, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have touched my life in one way or another.
Without your help and encouragement, I will not be able to have the opportunity to study abroad.
Thank you for giving me a chance to achieve my dream!
All that you have done for me I will cherish for eternity.



No comments:

Post a Comment